duc: Unworthy Thor (Default)
duc ([personal profile] duc) wrote2011-09-19 06:20 pm

Comiccon

I'm behind on BigBang.

On the other hand, Guess what I did yesterday? I have now gone to my first Con ever. All in all i think the day was well spend. Me and my cousin arrived just before opening time, then waited something like 40 minutes in line (not even the ticket line, longest was just the line to get inside). So of course I missed the pannel I wanted to see.

Came into the dealers room with no plan and no idea of what the rest of the pannels where about (Note to self: next time research pannel before hand) So I toured the stands. I did not buy everything, but the temptation was there. So much pretty.

In terms of comics I started out utterly lost. Comics are ,to my European mind used to Franco-Belgian BD and Mangas, complicated. So i wandered from stand to stand not knowing what to even look for. Then I remembered scans that had been posted on Cap_ironman and series I already knew and soon I became the proud owner of:

Marvel Adventures: Avengers vol. 2 (first aquisition, the one that broke the spell)
Marvel Adventures: Avengers vol. 4
Avengers, Red Zone.
And Avenger Prime, issue #4.

satisfying day.

As for the other stuff, man, so much shiny. They had what felt like every superheroe shirt ever made. They certainly had some awesome ones. I was tempted by a few (In fact if the "Xavier's school for gifted youngsters" shirt had been in another color than black I would have bought it) but in the end I thought I had enough superheroe shirts already. They also had a lot of really awesome patches but they were a bit too expensive for my taste.

So in the end I bought two buttons. one Wonder Woman logo one and one that says "I'm an Avenger". The Avenger button is awesome. Soon as I get my hands on a camera I'm posting pictures (May make an icon).

After the dealers there was the artists (Artist gallery?). Had to resist the temptation to buy some really pretty art there too, but i have one woman's card so I might not be safe yet.

Then I remembered to go to a few pannels before they were actually over. had no idea what the pannels were about when I wlaked in but they proved interesting.

All in all, next year? More planning (and maybe a costume)