Entry tags:
Montreal Comiccon is in 2 weeks O.o
Hi everyone,
No i was not dead, just didn't have any fandom energy (...and i have two fics I have missed the deadline for that aren't even finished yet, but that's for another post)
So the point of this post is not to wince about the fics I should have finished by now (although I am sorry about that)it's about costumes.
See, I went to the con last year and came away with the intention of going in costume if I could swing it this year.
Well, the con is the weekend after the next.
Costume is still a possibility but I need to seriously get working on that. (No I haven't yet, why do you ask?) and I'm wondering what you guys think.
There were three characters I was considering dressing up as:
Carol Denver as Warbird


This is a BAMF costume but my least favorite/likely to wear.
1. I have no idea how to make the upper body armor (and it makes the costume so I can't leave it out), 2. I wear glasses so the mask is going to be a pain in the ass 3. it's skin tight and I find skin tight clothing uncomfortable 4. as much as I love Carol I love the other 2 more.
Xavin of the Runaways

More precisely, the skrull form (the female one, which I know exists but i couldn't find any scan (LOTS of fanarts though))
Now Xavin is my favorite. I love her to tiny bits, if I was going by love of the character I would go as Xavin for sure.
But on the practical side the cons are adding up:
- skintight :(
- full facial make up (again glasses, also never done before)
- elf ears (where do I get that?)
-need a wig
- find pants/leggins and shirt in MATCHING shade of purple
- the upper body armor is sometimes drawn as just a black and purple shirt... but I would STILL need to sew the black onto a purple shirt
Faiza Hussain, Excalibur

Another fantastic character, fantastikely kick ass costume. AND it would be comfy to wear.
I have almost decided to go as Faiza.
Things I would need for Faiza:
- Gloves (I am in the process of lengthening a pair for SCA fencing anyway)
- tabard (an afternoon of sewing, maybe two if I keep screwing up)
- sword (plan to hit the one dollar kid toy aisle, they alway have swords)
- hood (if I use thick material I can use it for SCA fencing, I need one anyway, again, one afternoon of sewing)
- I don't think the leg armor is necessary for the costume to be reconizable so I probably won't bother unless I find something that would work.
FOR THE FAIZA FANS:
I could use someone else's opinion/knowledge on two points:
- the symbol on the tabard is three swords on a red sun, right? It is suprisingly hard to find a clear view of it.
- She's wearing a hood, right? It LOOKS like a hood to me, with some kind of coif underneath, bu it is also somewhat similar to how they draw her civilian clothing headscarf in the issues I have so... I thought I would double check.
Any thoughts?
No i was not dead, just didn't have any fandom energy (...and i have two fics I have missed the deadline for that aren't even finished yet, but that's for another post)
So the point of this post is not to wince about the fics I should have finished by now (although I am sorry about that)it's about costumes.
See, I went to the con last year and came away with the intention of going in costume if I could swing it this year.
Well, the con is the weekend after the next.
Costume is still a possibility but I need to seriously get working on that. (No I haven't yet, why do you ask?) and I'm wondering what you guys think.
There were three characters I was considering dressing up as:
Carol Denver as Warbird


This is a BAMF costume but my least favorite/likely to wear.
1. I have no idea how to make the upper body armor (and it makes the costume so I can't leave it out), 2. I wear glasses so the mask is going to be a pain in the ass 3. it's skin tight and I find skin tight clothing uncomfortable 4. as much as I love Carol I love the other 2 more.
Xavin of the Runaways

More precisely, the skrull form (the female one, which I know exists but i couldn't find any scan (LOTS of fanarts though))
Now Xavin is my favorite. I love her to tiny bits, if I was going by love of the character I would go as Xavin for sure.
But on the practical side the cons are adding up:
- skintight :(
- full facial make up (again glasses, also never done before)
- elf ears (where do I get that?)
-need a wig
- find pants/leggins and shirt in MATCHING shade of purple
- the upper body armor is sometimes drawn as just a black and purple shirt... but I would STILL need to sew the black onto a purple shirt
Faiza Hussain, Excalibur

Another fantastic character, fantastikely kick ass costume. AND it would be comfy to wear.
I have almost decided to go as Faiza.
Things I would need for Faiza:
- Gloves (I am in the process of lengthening a pair for SCA fencing anyway)
- tabard (an afternoon of sewing, maybe two if I keep screwing up)
- sword (plan to hit the one dollar kid toy aisle, they alway have swords)
- hood (if I use thick material I can use it for SCA fencing, I need one anyway, again, one afternoon of sewing)
- I don't think the leg armor is necessary for the costume to be reconizable so I probably won't bother unless I find something that would work.
FOR THE FAIZA FANS:
I could use someone else's opinion/knowledge on two points:
- the symbol on the tabard is three swords on a red sun, right? It is suprisingly hard to find a clear view of it.
- She's wearing a hood, right? It LOOKS like a hood to me, with some kind of coif underneath, bu it is also somewhat similar to how they draw her civilian clothing headscarf in the issues I have so... I thought I would double check.
Any thoughts?

no subject
Faiza's symbol is the emblem for Essex
on a circle(three swords on a red shield). It's probably a hood with a sports hijab under it.(no subject)