duc: (Warbird)
duc ([personal profile] duc) wrote2013-06-03 06:28 pm

I might or might not be genderqueer but I'm exploring it anyway

As some of you know I have....well a thing with gender. I'm 80%, 90%, 60% reasonably sure I identify as female, or at least more toward the female end of the spectrum, but I don't like looking like it. I love, love when I look like I could be either, to this day one of the easiest way to make me smile is to call me male title/pronouns.


So after about a decade (holly shit how time flies) of wishing my breast could be destroyed in a freak accident, wearing the tightest sport bras I can find to minimize them and generally trie to make them disappear, I GOT A CHEST BINDER!!!!!!

Actually this started about a year ago as I slowly came to the conclusion that, yes, chest binding might be for me, that I didn't need to be a full blown transman to have legitimity, and I started looking into it.

Well it turns out that there is a center in Montreal that sells binder, the safest, most comfortable option for binding, for a nominal fee (my alma matter's Gender Advocacy Center as it turns out).

So last Thursday as I was in the area I decided to go take a look, figuring, I can at least decide if I like wearing them.

and boy those things are awesome.
me with binder photo DSC00105_zpsbb0e0e4f.jpg

this is one of my thinest T-shirt, the ones that drape the most and show my shape the most. And I look flat! :D And I notice my shoulders more! They are actually larger than my hips. :D

Disclaimer: Now I am not a very curvy person, I'm a b cup and with the bras I wear most of the time it looks more like an A cup. So probably not that much difference, bit *I* see it and I like it.


Comfort wise:

I had heard (and by heard I mean read in a fic) that those things don't want to be put on, and they don't. it's a pain to get on and a slightly lesser pain to get off. 

once it's on it feels like a sport bra if sport bras had a band that ran the entire chest instead of just a hinch or two below the breast. it's tight but I can take full breathes. I've worn it for two entire days so far and it felt fine.


And that's about it. I just needed to squee to someone. :)