duc: Unworthy Thor (Default)
duc ([personal profile] duc) wrote2015-11-01 10:29 am

iddle bit of characterization re: Anakin's clothes

 I was daydreaming the other day about redeemed Vader in the Rebel Alliance, it wandered to Anakin going through several sets of uniform in a day because he forgot to change before going to town on an engine, and then getting nostalgic for his Jedi robes because they showed stains a lot less than the light blue and tan of the Alliance officer uniforms.

And guys, guys, I've seen the idea that Anakin favored blacks and other dark colors because he was a desert child and needed all the warmth he could get, but what if it was also because blacks, dark browns and greys are a lot more forgiving about engine grease and other tinkering related stains than the creams and tans favored by Obi-Wan?

Obi-Wan strikes me as the type to value looking neat and proper, and he has a low opinion of droids and ships, so he probably wouldn't the most supportive of Anakin's "hobby" to begin with, so I don't see him being overly pleased that his padawan managed to get his fresh-out-of-laundry clothes dirty AGAIN. Anakin would learn that darker is better pretty fast I think.